I took a hiatus from blogging and my column in order to address some family issues, which are settling - I hope. Anyway... Here's what's happened since we last chatted:
1. Mr. Wright and I returned safely from our hard-earned vacation to Miami, Key West and the Bahamas. Well, pretty much "safely." Watch for my column next week.
|Key West... "Hemingway Pissed Here"|
2. I went to Las Vegas for the Pure Romance National Convention, joining a bazillion of the coolest ladies in the biz (and by "biz," I mean the sexual heath consultant biz). I flew on more than one airplane by myself, and lived to tell about it. In the meantime, I'm romancing between writing and the general hubbub that comes with the Gonzo clan. You can see my product line - from mild to wild - here.
3. The vegan dessert cookbook I'm co-authoring with international best-selling author William Maltese is coming together, after many stops and starts and a general feeling of sheer horror that I wouldn't be able to produce enough content for the book. Turns out I worried for nothing, and now that I'm getting all the parts and pieces stitched together, I feel like a sillyhead. All that worrying for nothing! If worrying was an Olympic sport, I'd have a collection of gold medals to rival Michael Phelps. Let the record show no one has ONCE suspected me of using performance-enhancing drugs - either a testament to my purity, or ineptness.
4. We're adding some additional service for Curlytop, as her IEP only provides for limited therapy during school hours. She's had assessments at the same center Snugglebug attends for speech therapy, and the administrator noticed the same thing I do about Curlytop's learning style - she's a tactile learner. If you can get her to DO something while learning, she'll soak up the information. I'm currently trying to figure out how to engage the school district and her educators to take advantage of this. Any ideas?
5. I recently signed a contract with Momicillin.com to become one of their regular contributors. That means you'll have one more place to get original content from me, me, ME! I'll be contributing featured posts, short bits, and stuff I love, so bookmark or subscribe to the site, and watch for the magic! And look at the cute author caricature their artist made of me:
|Image by Momicillin.com|
6. Pockets got his driver's license. You've been warned.
"Like" The Gonzo Mama on Facebook, and don't forget to see what's cooking with Sexy Vegan Mama today!
Post a Comment
No anonymous comments, please... Be loud 'n' proud, and leave your name!