1. He says, "Are you SURE you want to buy now? I mean, the market keeps getting worse, and prices are just going to keep dropping..."
2. She says, "Are you SURE you want to sell now? The market keeps getting better, and prices are just going to keep going up..."
3. He says, "You know, if you stay in your apartment, all your maintenance is taken care of. If you buy a home, you'll have to mow your own lawn, and fix your own leaky faucets."
4. She says, "I think 'for sale' signs are sort of tacky, don't you? You probably don't want one in your yard, right?"
5. He says, "Why don't you take that earnest money, and hit the racetrack? I'll bet your chances of making a profit will be better."
6. She says, "Well, sure, we COULD do an open house, but... do you really want all those strangers in your home?"
7. He says, "I've found perspective buyers really appreciate it when I follow them around, room to room, breathing down their necks. You know - just in case they have questions."
8. She says, "Sure, you have the cash to buy now, but you'd see a better return on your money if you put it into a standard-interest savings account."
9. He says, "A lot of buyers like that 'lived-in' look, so don't worry too much about cleaning the place up."
10. She says, "You can just leave a blank check with me for the earnest money. I'll take care of it."
Is your real estate agent a REALTOR? Mine is, and he's devastatingly handsome, too. (You've met Mr. Wright, right? If you need to buy or sell in a home in North Central Washington, contact him, here.)
Your agent should be a REALTOR, too! Find one at REALTOR.com.
Note: I am not a representative of REALTOR.com or the National Association of REALTORS, nor do I represent the interests of either organization. The humorous post above is neither endorsed nor commissioned by REALTOR.com or the National Association of REALTORS. I just like to spread the word about great organizations I support.
"Like" The Gonzo Mama on Facebook, and don't forget to see what's cooking with Sexy Vegan Mama today!